I have been on my weight loss program for a month or so and today I had an appointment with the Dietitian. For the past couple weeks I have subjectively felt that I was a bit lighter and today I had partial confirmation of that. I say partial because the change was not that great and the weighing was not done on the same scale as before. Anyway, a month ago I was 246 lbs when I saw the Doc and today I was 241 lbs. So, I will take that as an encouraging sign…
I have been on 2,400 calories per day; today we changed that to 1,800 calories per day ! I must confine my sodium to NMT 1,500 mg per day and eat 3 egg yolks per week at the max. Additionally there is to be no added salt, no trans fat, no sweets and no juice (fruit is good but not juice). I will also try to increase my exercise time.
She asked me what my target weight was; I had not actually considered a target weight. I thought for a minute and decided 150 lbs would be nice. She inquired as to when was the last time I weighed 150 lbs. That was back in 1992 when I retired from the Army.
I asked if that was a good goal and she told me it was attainable but would require a lot of work. She told me that even getting below 200 lbs would be very beneficial for me. So, the process continues…
- Calorie Counter Database – Free Online Diet Program
- FitDay – Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal
- Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople
- CalorieKing – Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more.
- WebMD – Better information. Better health.
- Open Directory – Health: Fitness
- Open Directory – Health: Nutrition
- Open Directory – Health: Weight Loss