I went walking this morning but I’m in a lazy mood right now so I skipped the lunch walk today. I’m gonna try to sneak outta here early so I can get to Wal-Mart and grab some groceries. Things are slow at work today; finished a couple projects this morning and the spreadsheet from hell did not manifest itself. I’m not complaining.
The Other Side of 40: What I learned about Boomers vs Gen X’ers – Nancy notes that Boomers are generally better conversationalists than Gen X’s or Y’s and attributes that to the ubiquitous text message or IM. I’m not sure if the Boomers really are better conversationalists or not but I have noticed and read about people today being simultaneously more connected and more isolated than ever before as a result of our digital lifetyle. As is true of most things, technology has both good and bad effects on individuals and society as a whole.
- The Business Briefcase: Limited Interaction Among Generations in the Workplace Identified as Key Indicator of Coming Skilled Worker Crisis
- Micro Persuasion: Boomers, Gen X Driven to Distraction as Gen Y Just Copes
- Gen-X: The Ignored Generation? – TIME
- Is There a Cure for the ‘Distraction Virus’?
- VoS: Cyberculture
- Cyberculture – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Generation – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia